Are you a “Solopreneur” and trying to figure out how do I make it all work? I’m glad you asked and are even reading further to find out how! 🙂 A “Solopreneur” is one who often wears a million hats and there are ways that you can make it work for you.
Here are just 3 ways you can make it work:
1) Time chunk! What is that? You probably do this and don’t even know it! I time junk every thing. “Time chunking” involves dedicating or setting aside time to do that one thing and that one thing alone. This is a way to keep your schedule. This blog is a part of my “time chunk” activities. Mike Vardy describes “time chunking” as the concept of “breaking up your day into larger chunks instead of reacting to constant interruptions. The more chunks of time you can devote to specific tasks, the fewer start-up moments you will have, and your efficiency improves commensurately.”
1) Delegate! To who? Just think about the time you gain by delegating the duties that simply take up too much of your time! Your time is a precious commodity. A Virtual Assistant can definitely free up your time so you can take on more strategic initiatives. You can have projects that continue to move forward without having to take care of every detail.
2) Tap into your “Team 5!” Who would that be? It can be Marketing, Accounting, Legal, or Public Relations professionals. You can rely on these individuals to answer your questions in their areas of expertise.
You can make it work as a “solopreneur” and you don’t have to do it all. And if you need help with delegation, schedule a free consultation with us here to find out how we can help!
Do you try to organize your day, week or month? If you attempt to juggle multiple priorities, staying organized through it all is key. It is helpful to organize your day so that you are able to nail your “to do” list but also meet your business goals and objectives.
Here are 3 ways to get organized:
- Keep to your schedule! If you are able to keep to your schedule by starting and ending things on time, there is an opportunity to move forward with your other projects. “Time chunking” which involves dedicating or setting aside time to do that one thing and that thing alone is a way to keep to your schedule. Mike Vardy describes “time chunking” as the concept of “breaking up your day into larger chunks instead of reacting to constant interruptions. The more chunks of time you can devote to specific tasks, the fewer start-up moments you will have, and your efficiency improves commensurately.”
- Prioritization is key! Since time is such a valuable commodity, it is helpful to prioritize your responsibilities or projects. This may sound like a “no-brainer” but it’s important to plan your day, week, and month. It is important to know where you are heading! You are able to achieve this when you have a clear picture of the things that are the priority.
- Time is short but you can get more money! Let’s just say you don’t have to wear a million hats in the world of being a “solopreneur” or “entrepreneur.” It pays to focus on what you do best! Remember you went in business to solve a problem for your clients/customers. It is difficult to focus on that if you major in the minutia. And quite frankly, why even bother focusing on the projects that you least enjoy. You can get support for those projects…like a Virtual Assistant!
Remember organization is key and can help you in supporting your customers and clients. Happy organizing!