It’s the third month of the year! Have you found yourself slowing down since the beginning of the year? It is important to have focus and clarity so you are able to get moving!
Here are 3 ways:
- Make it happen! If what you wanted to achieve these past couple months didn’t occur then it’s time to make it happen now. At the beginning of the year, I shared in a blog post about having solutions versus resolutions. When your solutions are relative to goals (and S-M-A-R-T) ones, it helps in staying on target. The quote by Dan Pink sums it up:
“People fail to achieve mastery not because they aren’t talented but because they aren’t disciplined!”
- Keep things in perspective! Remember the big picture. What are the steps that you will need to take to secure that big client or achieve that next goal? Your smaller steps are what will lead you to the big picture. Just remember, do not think everything should be perfect. It is more important to just get moving!
- Accentuate the positive! There is power in positive thinking. It can make or break your day. I had a mentor that would commonly say, “you create the weather in your department and so what’s the forecast today?” Are you walking around spreading sunshine or swirling around like a tornado? Your mindset and positive thinking assists in the ability to land that next client or achieve that next goal. So get moving with the power of positive thinking!
And the bonus way–
Maximize your time! Prioritize and organize your day so that you are able to accomplish your “to do” list. However, do not put so much pressure on yourself because of the other 3 ways we have mentioned in this post.
If you are expecting different results than your approach or method should be different. Don’t worry there is a part 2 coming along with more ways! In the meantime what are you waiting on…get moving in March!
What comes to mind when you think of the word success? Do you picture having a thriving business and making an impact on the business community? Is it nailing a specific task? Or is it seeing your name in lights? However, you define success, there are 3 secrets (shhh don’t let the word out) to success in business.
The 3 secrets to success are:
1. Think yes! What exactly does think yes mean? It’s about the power of positive thinking! When you think about your projects and business, it’s important that your attitude reflects positivity…winning, achieving your goals and dreams. Attitude is everything and it can impact how you see the world both personally and professionally.
2. Believe! You have to believe in the product or service that you offer to your customers. Have you solved the customers’ problem? Is the customer better off because they met you and have used your product or service? Your beliefs are critical to how you perceive yourself and the customer perceives you. Remember it does take time but you have what it takes!
3. Continue to learn! You should never stop learning in business. You can’t master one thing and stop because learning is a continuous process. Your business and success is based upon building brick by brick and layer upon layer. It’s important to sharpen your skills and knowledge by identifying ways to learn from others which can include attending seminars, networking events, reading books, and participating in webinars, just to name a few.
Success doesn’t happen overnight but think yes, believe, and continue to learn and you are on your way!